Re: how update wireless-tools version?

At 9:42 AM -0700 8/9/02, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
At 4:12 PM +0200 8/9/02, Michel Dänzer wrote:
/usr/include doesn't contain any kernel headers, nor is it supposed to.

Actually, it turns out that it does, which is obviously what is
messing me up.  And libc6-dev put them there...

A follow up for future archive searchers:  I copied the correct
wireless.xx.h from the wireless-tools source directory over the
libc6-dev version in /usr/include/linux and rebuilt the package, and
all now seems well.  If anybody has a "more correct" recipie for how
this should be done, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, I added an extra line in debian/changelong with a slightly
munged version number to prevent apt from constantly trying to
replace my fixed version of wireless-tools with the one in the
repository.  Is this the correct way to do this, or is there a
"better" way?  dpkg-genchanges bitched about this, but it seemed to
work.

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                rafial@well.com  |  to freedom not price.