Re: how update wireless-tools version?

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:42:32PM -0700, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Okay, I just updated to 2.4.19 on my TiBook, and iwconfig & friends
> now complain that eth1 has been compiled with version 13 of the
> Wireless Extension, while the tools are using 12.  I apt-got source
> wireless-tools and built it, but that produces the same warning.  I
> then looked around in the source directory for wireless-tools and I
> see the wireless.h file is symlinked to wireless.14.h.  So where is
> the 12 coming from !?!
>
> Anybody know how to fix the wireless-tools to match the kernel version?

Make sure that you've updated the symlinks in /usr/include to point to
the relevant directories in your new kernel source.   I'll bet that those
links are pointing into some old kernel that has a v12 wireless.h
whereas your new kernel has v13 as evidenced by the error message shown.

--
r y k e r a t r y k e r d o t o r g