Re: Problems mounting cdrom

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:59:27PM -0700, Greg Howland wrote:
> I'm trying to mount the cdrom on a PowerBook G3 Lombard,
> running Testing. When I enter the command 'mount /dev/cdrom'
> I get the error 'mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist'.
> I have an entry for it in /etc/fstab. What else needs to be done?

You create /dev/cdrom as a symlink to your actual CD device. Check out
the CD howto, I link mine to /dev/scd0. I needed to install the ide-scsi
module though, for that.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |