Re: tiBook CPU speed

Go to the main penguinppc.org page. Apparent BenH has gotten the 800Mhz TiBook's to run at native speed. I have a hunch though, that maybe the 667Mhz and 800Mhz TiBook's are exactly the same hardware, and it is only a software hack to get them to go to 800Mhz (this is why the speed throttling on the 800Mhz only goes down to 667Mhz). Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a hack so that all of a sudden the 667Mhz is equal to the 800? Since the rest of the machine is exactly the same except for addon components like RAM and Airport, it certainly would entice many people to get a low-end TiBook. Who knows, hopefully BenH will say something about it.

Regards,
Bobby MacGregor