Migration questions

Hey, all.

I'm pretty well committed to installing woody on my iBook2k1. I've actually had it on before, for several months, before I was talked back into installing Mac OS X. Now, I'm getting frustrated with the speed and responsiveness of Mac OS X, plus I work in a highly-friendly linux shop, and well, I'm up for a change.

However, before I get going with the latest XFS boot disk (that _will_ work with the iBook2k1, right?), I've got a few questions about the availability of certain services that I've become accustomed to over the months. I'm looking through several sources about all this at the same time, so I'm not just looking for all the answers here, but I expect there are quite a few users like me in the community.

  1) Gnucash vs. Quicken?
We've been using Quicken almost religiously, and this would really be a show stopper. Mostly we just use it for keeping track of statement-based finances, nothing with online services.

  2) External monitors/TV
Does the external monitor adapter "just work"? Similarly, the AV cable to watch DVDs on the bedroom TV?

  3) Jeweltoy clone?
Anyone ever heard of one? It's a game like Bejeweled on the Palm. Amber's addicted, and _needs_ it. This may actually be more of a show stopper than Quicken :)

  4) Quicktime/Flash content?
If only developers would realize that linux != i386. I know that with Quicktime 6 using MPEG-4, that more content might be portable(?), but how about Flash? Has Macromedia provided a plug-in for non-i386 linuxes? Have they allowed others to port it?

  5) KDE?
How's KDE 3.0.2? I know it's not available in .debs yet, but does it work well on the PPC? For that matter, what kinds of performance deltas are there between Debian-i386 and Debian-powerpc?

I can't really think of anything else that would be a concern. I've got no particular love of many of the other apps I use.

Anyway, I'm doing more research, and I hope to jump in and help out as time goes on...

Zac