Re: CD audio on iBook2 ?

hello

the problem i believe is that the ibook cd plauer is not connected directly to the soundcard as in a pc. to play a cd, you need to stream the data off the cd and precess it into audio with a program like alsaplayer or xmms.

i could not get alsaplayer to work at all on my tibook but that was a couple of months ago - maybe its fixed now. xmms seemed to work for mp3s, but i have not tried playing cds with it ( i think there is a cd reading plug in for xmms).

cheers

matthew