Re: VMWare & Flash under PPC

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 09:00, Michel Lanners wrote:
> On  25 Jun, this message from Danial Pearce echoed through cyberspace:
> > I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows if it's possible to get
> > VMWare to work under the PPC architecture?
>
> Nope, VMWare runs on top of an ix86 processor. It doesn't deal with
> emulating one processor on another, it only deals with virtualizing the
> hardware to run a second OS on a virtual machine.

You want MacOnLinux if you want to run MacOS under Linux (there's Flash
for macos..)

There's a .deb of it in woody I think, it's called "mol" - see
www.maconlinux.net - it is basically vmware for ppc that runs MacOS9.
Quite fast and cool. Plus mol itself is GPL.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@ximian.com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::