Re: sound problems with iBook2 Dual USB

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 21:36, Jesus Climent wrote:

> I have configured my Apple iBook2 dual-USB with BenH0 kernel (Linux
> debian 2.4.19-pre10-ben0 #2 Sat Jun 22 10:14:44 EEST 2002 ppc unknown)
> and the sound works a bit strange.
>
> I can hear the output, but I cannot control the volume. If I try it
> sound like those old amplifiers that scratch the volume control as if
> they have some sand on them, inside...

If it's one of the very latest iBooks, it may have the same sound chip
as the latest TiBooks. It's very similar to the older chip supported by
the tumbler driver, hence it basically works, but the mixers don't as
expected.

I can get it to do more or less what I want playing with all the mixers
in something like aumix. The bass, treble and balance mixers seem to be
'normal' at around 33%.

For line out, the default settings when the driver starts seem to be
best though, so I unload it and load it again for that purpose until the
driver properly supports the chip.