Re: send and receive mail on ppp0, not eth0

> Is there anything I need to setup to send and receive mail on ppp0
> rather than my internal lan which runs on eth0? I'd rather not take down
> eth0 to do this; also I don't need ppp0 for anything other than mail.
>
> I do not presently have a modem, but would like to know if this is
> possible before buying one.

Not quite sure I follow your question. Are you asking about receiving or
sending?  They're very different.

Receiving:
- exim to listen only to ppp0?
- exim to only accept mail from hosts on ppp0's network?
- do you really want to use SMTP AUTH?

Sending:
- you want to route mail you receive on the machine to something on pp0?
- etc

And why are you asking on debian-powerpc?