Re: TiBook CPU clock?

whatis.com:

Bogomips is a measurement provided in the Linux operating system that
indicates in a relative way how fast the computer processor runs. The
program that provides the measurement is called BogoMips. Written by Linus
Torvalds, the main developer of Linux, BogoMips can indicate when you boot
a computer whether the system options have been specified for optimum
performance. You compare the bogomips for your computer with what they
ought to be for your computer's particular type of processor. Torvalds
named the program BogoMips (for "bogus (or fake) MIPs") to suggest that
performance measurements between two computers can be misleading because
not all contributing factors are stated or even understood. Although MIPS
(millions of instructions per second) has been frequently used in computer
benchmarks, it's agreed that the variation of context tends to make the
measurement misleading. Bogomips measures how many times the processor
goes through a particular programming loop in a second.

If /proc/cpuinfo says its running at 667 MHz, then you can be sure that is
the clock speed.  I am running debian on a g3 at 400 MHz at get 796
bogomips.

David Anthony Hacker
Computer Systems Consultant
Media Union