Re: tibook fan/heat regulation

>I can't remember having my fan on at all....

If you had a 7450 based model, you would hear it ;)

>I only hope it's automatic ;-)

It is, more or less. It's controlled via an I2C thermostat which is
programmed by OF to default thresholds that should be enough. I managed
to access this device on some models (pismo, first generation tipb) to
read the temp & eventually edit the thresholds but didn't release anything
yet, though I noticed Darwin explicitely switch the thermostat off during
sleep, at least on the Pismo. I don't know what model of thermostat is
used on more recent machines, it seems to be slightly different.

>> What temperature do you have in
>>>
>>> Doesn't seem terribly accurate - it's telling me 16 degrees, whereas
>>> it's 36 degrees outside.
>>
>> The data on my G3 seemed quite reasonable. Maybe the calibration for your
>> processor isn't accurate?
>
>It's definitely off by far on the 7410: mine says 2C just after wakeup,
>and 11C after a few minutes of heavy work. Makes me want to climb inside
>that box, considering the temperature outside ;-)

None of the G4s CPU have properly calibrated TAU. Actually, the TAU unit
isn't even supported anymore by Moto on recent chips.

Ben.