Re: Xfree-4.2.0-0pre1v1 and dri FREEZE -- SOLVED

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 00:17, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 18:34, Egidio Corsini wrote:
> > Strange...
> > Anyway the fix was
> > add
> > Option 	"ForcePCIMode" 	"true"
> > in the XF86Config-4 Device section
> >
> > But I have to notice that I've installed the last XFree86-4.2.0-0pre1v1
> > uploaded at http://people.debian.org/~branden/sid/powerpc/ and the option is
> > not there anymore, but, still, it is working correctly...
>
> After that GLX works fine, accelerated (it didn't lock using OpenGL),
> but as before, lockups when using Xv. It's so reproducible I have to
> disable it to be able to play any video without my machine locking up
> solid.
>
> Michel, your first binaries that implemented the DMA enabled Xv worked
> fine with DRI. There's been some changes somewhere that make it crap
> out...

Were the binaries you're referring to 4.1 or 4.2? Between these
versions, 2D acceleration has been changed to take advantage of the DMA
engine as well with DRI enabled, unfortunately the interaction between
2D and Xv (and/or 3D) is subject to instabilities which haven't been
resolved yet.