Re: X getting close (was X won't start)

At sometime around 8:41 AM +0200 on 6/15/02, Michel Lanners wrote thus:
Try my attached XFconfig. It's for control on a 7600.

Substitute my Dell Monitor with yours, and make sure to correct the
horizontal and vertical frequency range.

Thanks Michel.

I think I'm close. startx seems to want to restart the monitor under X but maybe having mouse trouble.

My errors:

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file Roman_M
(II) Keyboard "Generic Keyboard" handled by legacy driver
(**) Configured Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Configured Mouse: Core Pointer
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
      No such file or directory
(EE) Configured Mouse; cannot open input device
(E) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"
(WW) No core pointer registered
No core pointer

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices

XI0:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Questions.

This 8600, of course, has an ADB Mouse II mouse, should that be entered anywhere in Input Devices?

Input devices had two sections for mice:

"Configured Mouse"

and

"Generic Mouse"

I have commented out "Generic"

what do I put in /dev/input/mice to make this work.

Potato 2.2r0 upgraded to Woody.

Thanks.

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis