From: K Clark <ken@llamakc.org>
To: Luis M <lemsx1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gnome 2.0 rc1 -- experimental
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:31:39 -0400

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:29:41PM -0400, Luis M wrote:

> yes, I tried that (apt-get libgnome2... ) but I got complaints that some
> stuff was mentioned but wasn't downloaded....
>

> apt-get install libgnome2-0
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package libgnome2-0 has no available version, but exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Package libgnome2-0 has no installation candidate
>
> I ran apt-get update after putting the new 'deb' source in my source.list
> file and then ran apt-get upgrade ... just to keep things in check... then
> when I ran the command on top, I got that error... that always puzzle me
> (I'm used to RPM and URPMI ).
>
> any thoughts?
>

> What's "sid"?

oh, i sort of skimmed over your email...

my sources.list have sid, or unstable, as the main repository. in other
words, i run unstable, and that's where gnome2 appeared. i made no additional
changes to my sources.list, so i'm using different packages than you are.

here's my sources.list, but once again it's unstable (to be honest i have had
NO problems with it)

##########

deb http://us.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid non-US/main non-US/contrib
non-US/non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
deb http://dreamind.de/debian/ sid main

########

that's my sources.list. i don't even remember what the dreamind.de source is
providing. lol.

anyway, good luck!!!

ken

http://llamakc.org GnuPG: 7C828670
No extensible language will be universal.
		-- T. Cheatham