Logcheck and double emails ... ?

K, logcheck was working fine for some time...
I upgraded my x86 version of Debian logcheck package, and things were just fine... Then I started getting TWO email reports. I tested that it's not sendmail going nuts: mail -s "this is a test" root ... and I got, as expected, only one email... I changed the email that logcheck uses to mail the stuff and then ran logcheck by hand, and yes, I got two emails again... The only thing I know it's different is that LDAP is used for authenticating users (so when I do getent passwd it shows two accounts having the same UID and all the other goodies -- after I migrated the /etc/passwd files that's what happens...). However, if that was the problem, then when I sent an email I should get it repeated also.

What should I be looking for in the /usr/sbin/logcheck script ... or is it something that's supposed to be like this when you use logcheck repeatedly within a short frame of time... :-)

--
Luis Mondesi

lemsx1@hotmail.com

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
of nothing.
		-- Redd Foxx