apt-get problems in new Debian install

I've just installed Debian Woody for PowerPC and I have some dependency
problems with apt-get.  After the base install, when Debian booted I
selected a fairly minimal set to just get the machine up and going, such
as C/C++ so I can rebuild a kernel and XWindow System.

I used a local mirror as my source and when apt-get had received
all of the packages, it goes to install and then hits an error like
this:

libopenldap-runtime 1_3a1.2.12-1
error processing libopenldap-runtime 1_3a1.2.12-1
trying to overwrite ldapsearchprefs which is also in libldap2

(I can't get the exact message because hardly any programs are
installed, no ftp etc so I can't copy the file off the machine)

I tried using apt-get -f dist-upgrade or removing the
libopenldap-runtime package but with no success. I get into a chain
reaction of dependcy problems if I try to remove any packages depending
on this (eg exim needs it, something else needs exim etc ...)

Can anyone offer some advice as to how to get around this apt-get error
so I can get some useful programs installed ?

Thanks

Tim Bateman