Booting GNU/Linux...

I installed Debian v2.2 on my Performa 6360.

The CD-ROM installation was not possible, and I don't know why:
On the console, the directories appear wrong, like this:
".../2.2.23-0001-04-15/poeermac/images-1.44..."
           ^^^^       ^^^^^^^^

But on MacOS, directories names appear OK!

Because the problem above, I installed Debian with the files on a MacOS (HFS) partition.

In the install manual, I saw this:

    IMPORTANT: The ``Make Linux Bootable Directly From Hard Disk'' step
    will install quik, however it will not make the necessary modification
    to OpenFirmware's `boot-device' variable.  This means that running
    ``Make Linux Bootable Directly From Hard Disk'' will not cause Debian
    GNU/Linux to be booted when you reboot.  To make Debian GNU/Linux boot
    you need to select ``Execute a Shell'' and run:

         nvsetenv `ofpath /dev/sda2`

    where `/dev/sda2' is your root partition.  Perform this step after
    running ``Make Linux Bootable Directly From Hard Disk''.

The question is: How can I make the GNU/Linux partition bootable? I don't need a boot manager because I don't need MacOS. I only need to boot GNU/Linux.