Re: XF86-Config-4 for Titanium PowerBook

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 03:17, Rogério Brito wrote:

> 	Ok, but since I am already exposing my ignorance, let me ask
> 	you one more thing: since I installed a recent benh kernel to
> 	have DMA working, X is a bit faster as I already reported, but
> 	I saw that glxinfo and XFree86.0.log say different things
> 	about DRI.
>
> 	In fact, XFree86.0.log says "(II) R128(0): Direct rendering
> 	enabled" but glxgears has lower framerates than what I used to
> 	have with Debian's X 4.1.0.1 and glxinfo contradicts the X 4.2
> 	log saying that direct rendering is not enabled.

It doesn't contradict. All the X server says is that the initialization of
DRI went fine and it uses DMA for 2D acceleration and Xv. There are still a
few requirements for direct rendering a client can fail to meet. Running
glxinfo (or any GL app, for that matter) with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose might tell
the reason.