Re: XFree86 on a Wallstreet PBG3

i am using:

PBG3 OLD-World codename "Wallstreet 266Mhz"
kernel = 2.2.20 (testing)
X = 4.1.x

and still get no x!!!

kernel-upgrade?

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 14:19, rw wrote:

with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 i can select fbdev or the ati driver,
i get the same result when i do a startx: black-screen, no console switch
possible, just a hard-reboot.

(with glint i get the output: no screens found)

I deselected all videomodes in Xfree and enabled kernel - framebuffersupport.
And i changed the Bus-ID to PCI:0:17:0.

Only the fbdev driver will use the current mode from console, with the
ati driver you need to tell it to use the panel's native resolution.

can you be a little more concrete? how do i tell it the panels native resolution? and my settings for the fbdev-driver are ok?

sry, i behave like a newbie, but my brain is grinding, and the black screens with no return tells me that i am a newbie.

The protocol should be ImPS/2, but this is hardly the problem.

the mouse is working in console-mode now, a little success.