Re: Re: Mozilla 1.0rc2 distribution built for GNU Linux/PowerPC

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> writes:

> Matt,
>    You do realize that the maintainers mozilla-0.9.0rc1-1 packages for
> intel showed up in incoming.debian.org today and were just built on
> the ppc build machine...
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=mozilla&ver=2%3A1%2Brc2-1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1021317669&file=log&as=raw

Great!  Glad to see that Mozilla is being repackaged for Debian.

> They should show up in the pool for sid tomorrow.

That is good news for those of you out there using the Debian unstable
(sid) distribution.

However I (and probably others out there) tend to only use Debian stable
(currently potato) distributions on my personal workstation and thus
can't use the .debs for sid (because of library versions, etc).

On the other hand, my "official" Mozilla distribution can be used on most
Linux/PowerPC distributions including Debian (stable), SuSE, Yellow Dog,
LinuxPPC, etc.  I know of at least several people running Yellow Dog and
one person using LinuxPPC that use my "official" Mozilla distribution.

- Matt

--
Matt Christian  mattc@visi.com  Learn to love and love to learn.
http://www.visi.com/~mattc/ 0111 ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/mattc/