problem with woody on my ibook

hello!

i've read this installation guide (http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html) for woody on apple ibooks! i tried it and it worked perfectly until the configuration after the first reboot! the installer asked me about timezone, md5 passwords and shadow passwords, and after that it jumps back to the question about the time zone!
does anybody have a fix for that?

my ibook is one of the newest! i just bought it 2 days ago! it has a 500mhz g3 with 66mhz busspeed, 128mb ram, 2 usb ports, 1 firewire, an ati rage mobility 128 with 8mb ram, a cdrom and a 12,1" screen.
the model number is: M8597

in comp.os.linux.powerpc i've read that another user with a Dual USB iBook (14") ibook had the same problem!

thanks a lot!

greets

cynite