Re: booting new world macs with GRUB?

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 08:10:04PM +0100, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> I read a couple of posts in the archives about booting with GRUB not
> being possible on Macs.
>
> Can someone tell me if that's true? I'm looking for a nice
> interesting problem to help teach myself more about my Mac...
> if GRUB is still a no-go I might take a look at making it work.

yes it is true. the yaboot/ybin maintainer isn't interested in
making it GRUB go for mac, AFAICT (having recently spoken to him about
GRUB, and i asked him about it myself, too :).

i'd try my hand at it, too, but i have no coding skills except for very
basic shell scripting.

it would be nice to have a dynamic bootloader for ppc. please do look
into it :)

eric