Re: Why is quik statically linked?

Rogério Brito wrote:

On Apr 15 2002, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

I've been happily using quik for some time, so I'd like to adopt the
Debian package.  Can anybody give me a reason why the quik binary
should be statically linked?

	Would a dynamically linked quik even work at all? I'd guess
	"no", since Linux is not running yet with all the
	infra-structure needed for dynamic linking to work.

Doesn't the actual quik binary just process quik.conf and set up the boot blocks? Like Jens, I don't see why this needs to be statically linked.

The boot blocks themselves are of course "statically linked", but that's another matter.
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>