lombard, pcmcia-cs, lucent orinoco wifi

I am experiencing a kernel lock inserting a lucent orinoco wifi card into
the cardbus slot on a lombard G3 powerbook running a kernel compiled from
the 2.4.18-benh source. The pcmcia-cs package was built separately from
the kernel using the debian source package for that kernel module using
make-kpkg.

The last line in /var/log/messages before it locks is "sabre kernel: cs:
memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0fffff: clean." and then the machine siezes
completely requireing a three finger salute. Does anybody have any
information on this wireles lan card and debian/PPC? the card is well
regarded in the intel world, and I've used it in macos, but could really
use some feedback on this situation. Cheers.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain