Re: Re: Installation-Problem (no harddisk found)

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 16:43, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> * wireless networking -- under PCMCIA you can make schemes so you can
> easily switch been home and work.  I found no easy way of doing this yet
> with the airport card.  Has anybody written anything for handling this?
> If not, I intend to spend some time writing scripts to handle the
> airport card properly.

There are several packages like intuitively to help with this,
unfortunately I forget the names of most. :/

> * keymaps -- it took me some time to get the keymap I wanted for my
> UK-spec iBook (particularly I want the pound-sign and Euro-sign printed
> on the keycaps to do the right thing.)  Among other things, I had to use
> the Irish Euro locale, as there's no UK Euro locale,

That's what you get for not participating with the Euro. ;)

> and I also hacked up an xkb map.  I'd love to see Debian have more direct
> support for these keyboards.  I sent my xkb files to Branden, just in
> case, but I'm not sure exactly what I expected him to do with them :)

Thanks anyway for contributing something instead of just complaining.

> * external video -- I currently get a very wavy picture on my external
> CRT using m3mirror to switch on the VGA output.  From what I can see on
> the mailing lists, it looks like we're still some time away from a
> solution to this problem. As I present at conferences with a projector
> I'm *really* hoping that either the projector can cope with the peculiar
> sync signal, or that someone will find the way to get the external
> output going :)

I'm beginning to suspect Apple actually crippled the hardware to only
work with their OSs. Neither m3mirror nor X's support for this (you need
my binaries to try that) seems to work well on current iBooks, but at
least the latter worked fine on my Pismo.