vlc 0.3.0 available

Hi all,

Videolan has released vlc 0.3.0, with _lots_ of performance
improvements. I am now able to play back DVD's on my TiBook/400 with
around 70% cpu useage, with only around 1% dropped frames (before, I had
100% cpu and 30% frame drops).

Sound has some issues, though; OSS gives choppd sound bits, ALSA kernel
modules don't work for me, neither arts nor esd work. Only SDL is
workable for me if I turn the audio volume down to 10 in vlc's prefs.

Anyway, much improvements compared to 0.2.92 in woody ;-)

So, for all you video freaks, head over to:

http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/debian/vlc_0.3.0/

Contains source and binary debs, and is a straight build of videolan's
released code.

Enjoy ;-)

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |