Re: xmms-cdread problem

>>>>> "jonas" == jonas bandi <jbandi@ee.ethz.ch> writes:

    jonas> So I installed xmms-cdread. This gave me the libcdread.so
    jonas> Input-Plugin for xmms.

    jonas> Now I have both plugins libcdaudio.so and
    jonas> libcdread.so. Should I disable one of them.

You don't need to.  I don't and nothing bad happens.

    jonas> Anyway, to see the cd-tracks in the directory /cdrom I have
    jonas> to start xmms as root (sudo), can I change that?

Probably you need to "chmod a+r /dev/cdrom".

Then "Play File" /dev/cdrom

    jonas> But the problem is: I cant play the tracks, I can add them
    jonas> to the playlist, but nothing happens!

What exactly happens when you click the "Play" button?  Does the CD
spin up, but now sound or does it crash?  (There was a problem with
xmms-cdread a week or so back that caused it to crash.  I had to
recompile 0.14a-6 by hand. xmms-cdread 0.14a-5 is broken, to what I
know.)

Good Luck.

Marshal