Re: firewire harddisk

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, jonas bandi wrote:

> I would like to use my firewire harddisk with linux. Can anybody point
> me to information how to do that?

Make sure you have firewire support enabled in your kernel, as well as the
OHCI firewire driver, SCSI support and support for firewire disks.
You might also need to install the hotplug scripts (packages "hotplug" and
maybe "hotplug-utils").

After that ist's simple:
1) plug in your fw disk
2) use it as if it were a SCSI disk (/dev/sda or whatever is the first
   free SCSI device, 'dmesg' or 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' will tell you)

Cheers,
	Siggi