Re: "at" character in X (different behaviour in Gnome and KDE-session)

On Wednesday, 3. April 2002 19.01, Daniel Kleine-Albers
wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> i questioned about this issue a short time ago. The
> solution found with the people on the list, is the
> following:
>
> With the following xmodmap-file i can write an @ with the
> little enter key right of the space bar on my powerbook
> keyboard and with the right alt key on my external apple
> pro keyboard. The function of the left alt key (=both alt
> keys on the powerbook keyboard) is left the same.
>
> clear mod1
> add mod1 = Alt_L
> keycode 108 = Mode_switch
> keycode 113 = Mode_switch
Thank you for the tip. I had the same problem.

But I use keycode 116 = Mode_switch to use my right
apple-key like AltGr on IBM-PC-keyboard.

I have a external USB Apple extended keyboard (which show
us up like input1: Alps Electric?M2452 M2452 on usb1:6.0 in
dmesg output).

Curiously enough I only have to call this xmodmap if I am
using KDE, not in a gnome-session. I do not know what is
going on there. In both session I set the keyboard type to
Swiss German.

If you I knew what package is at fault I would post a bug
report ...

Regards

--
Niklaus Giger