Re: Noise on resume [was Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz]

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Will Aoki wrote:

> It's finally happened again, but this time I had a tape recorder,
> headphones, and time to experiment. I'll report my results for the
> record:

This is very odd...I've been through at least 180 suspend-resume cycles
and still haven't encountered this (TiBook 550).  It's especially
infuriating since it's hard to fix something that I can't seem to
diagnose or find any predictable pattern for....

Thanks for the info, though.  I'm hoping to find some free time VERY soon
to finish implementing the tumbler driver more fully and to fix a few
other annoyances that I've run into in the meantime (I'm open to
suggestions about default volume/levels, btw, since I don't like the
defaults that I set in the driver...too loud right now).