Re: debian-ppc in alpha stage?

Hi,

> In conclusion debian-ppc potato, one of the lasts debian distributions was
> not ready to use and has not be in debian ftp sites.

At the time potato was released, it was ready for use on the range of PPC
hardware available at that time, and most definitely not in any sort of
alpha stage. To remind you: The potato release was on August 14, 2000.

Installation of potato on that PPC hardware may still be difficult but the
methods of installation and workarounds for problems have been documented
in the install docs, and shortcomings have been discussed on this list
(which, incidentially, is archived at the Debian web site).

If you have specific problems you want to point out, please file detailed
bug reports (see http://www.debian.org/bugs/). With bugs of sufficient
severity filed against them, packages may be updated in further potato
point releases.
Criticism of the sort 'I think potato for PPC is broken so please remove
it from all FTP mirrors' isn't something you can reasonably expect the
Debian project to act upon.

The fact that woody is by far the better choice for installation on any
more recent PPC hardware has been hashed to death on this list.

Hope this helps,

	Michael