Re: XFree86 multihead with debian woody ?

Harald Welte wrote:

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 06:55:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Sam, 2002-03-16 at 18:40, Harald Welte wrote:

So now after spending multiple days in trying to get a working multihead
setup, can anybody recommend a PCI graphics board which does work with
the debian woody supplied XFree86 package?

A Mac board. :) Most drivers rely on it being set up reasonably by the
Firmware. In particular, the problems with the ATI card could be related
to incorrect memory setup.

mh. Well... I think I'm going to spend some more time dumping 3dfx registers
on my x86 box and patching the tdfxfb driver.

Wonderful!  Future users of 3dfx cards on PPC thank you.

Please be sure to send your patches to the appropriate maintainer, and to the framebuffer list, linux-fbdev-devel@lists.sourceforge.net so they will be discussed and merged appropriately.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.