Re: Backspace key -- ADB keyboard

Unfortunately I turned off the menubar so I will have to figure out how to turn it back on

Well, I figured that out but still want the backspace to work in xterm. I tried to put the following in my .xinitrc:

xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
xmodmap -e "keycode 107 = Delete"

but that caused x to immediately shut down whenever it started. Interestingly that still happens even if the lines are commented out.

I also tried to put this in my ~/.Xdefaults:

.XTerm.VT100.Translations: #override <Key>BackSpace: string(0x7F)\n\
        	<Key>Delete:    string(0x04)

which is closer, sort of -- it causes both keys to generate ^d (which does not delete the character under the cursor, as many things I've seen say it does).

--
Mark