Re: Running audio CDs in XMMS/GnomeCD on an iMac DVSE running kernel 2.2.19

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:26:51PM -0600, Patrick Klee wrote:
> Greetings,
> 	I am trying to get audio to work, with out compiling my kernel.  Can
> someone please tell me how to get an iMac to play audio CDs.  I have
> been putting off compiling my kernel, but If I need to do that for the
> audio to work.  Could someone point me to a powerpc howto for kernel
> package, and or exactly how they use kpkg for kernel install?

search the archives, there is lots of info available. I don't use
xmms, but that works with one particular plug-in, I believe.

I found a post in the archives about using cdda2wav to play just
straight through the cd from the console, and improved on it slightly
using the cdtool packages' cdir:

#!/bin/sh
cdda2wav -t 1+`cdir | tail -1 | sed 's/^.*  //'` -D /dev/cdrom -N -e -d0 -I cooked_ioctl -q &