Re: powerbook keymap

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 04:39:12PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 13:48, B.C.J.O wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm up to my neck in configuration issues here. =) I grabbed benh's
> > > patched ppc source tree and compiled a set of kernel packages which
> > > support the sound hardware in my powerbook, but I've obviously overlooked
> > > a signifigant detail somewhere. When I load the resulting kernel, the
> > > keymap is all funky and I can't navigate past the network selection
> > > dialogue during the boot process.
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes
> >
> > (Chris: that page doesn't mention that the best fix for this is
> > recompiling the kernel with CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=n; could you add
> > that?)
>
> Hmmm. 'Best' under what conditions? I'm assuming his kernel already has
> that set, and that's why it's failing ('cuz he didn't change his keymap)?

It came about because I was building new kernel packages for sound support
on my powerbook. The default configuration of the benh source tree has
CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y, which seemed natural until I went back and read
through everything I could find and came across the warning right off of
the ppc port mainpage on the debian site. the keymap issue is fixed. =)

I'm wondering where I can find a copy of the kernel .config file that was
used to generate the generic 2.4 kernel shipping with the woody install
media? Is it archived somewhere publically accessible? the default benh
config hangs setting the system clock from the hardware clock and I'd like
to compare it to a config that is known to work.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain