Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

>> Investigation shows that the size of fragments written to /dev/dsp seems
>> to be critical, fragments smaller than about 4096 bytes cause the looping
>> hang frequently. Fortunately, there are good games like tuxracer where
>> this can be configured. :)
>
>Interesting...
>
>> Still, benh and I suspect a driver bug, he has discovered some oddities
>> wrt the tumbler.
>
>That doesn't surprise me :-)  The tumbler is odd to begin with :-P
>Ben, let me know what you've found when you get a chance...

What I have found is mostly cases where the dmasound code would
try to write awacs registers on i2s based machines, which means
the i2s registers could be garbaged. I'm fixing this in my tree
along with making sure i2s is properly configured from 44.1Khz
and 16 bits samples.

I'm wondering though if the problem could be fifo ping pong between
Keylargo and the sound chip, eventually the sound clock provided by
KL could be wrong. There are some bits in KeyLargo FCR 1 that can
control the clock fed to the sound chip, I'll try to see if those
contain sensible values (they are supposed to be set by OF).

Ben.