Re: Debian and iMac with MacOS 9

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 05:06:38PM +0100, renato.barrios@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to install a ppc debian potato in an imac with Mac 0S 9 inside. I have
> partitioned the hardisk with Mac Os extended and ppc linux options and can
> boot correctly in debian by cdrom(I can see the shell and explore the
> MacOs).
> Please tell me where I have to put the yaboot and yaboot.conf files.
> Thanks,
> Renato

Normally, yaboot and yaboot.conf belong in your installed filesystem.
When ybin is run, as is done by the installer system, it copies yaboot
and yaboot.conf to the Apple_Bootstrap partition you created.

You might want to look at the woody installation documentation, it's
a little clearer on this point. Also there is a yaboot HOWTO:

penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/yaboot-howto.shtml