Re: Newbie looking for Linux distro for PowerMac 8100/80

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 07:14:56AM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> I believe this machine is a nubus Mac, which isn't supported by the
> standard linux kernel, only by the older mklinux kernel.  You could
> probably manage to use debian together with the mklinux kernel, but I doubt
> it would be easy.

MkLinux is way out of date. Use the NuBus kernel from
http://nubus-pmac.sf.net/, along with one of the bootloaders there,
instead.

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN