Debian Install on PowerBook G4

I am looking at installing debian on my powerbook g4 667.

I have downloaded the current powerpc images from ftp.planetmirror.com.au which
i assume are 2.2rev5.

When I boot off the CD I get

"invalid parition 1 signature".

I found a page that says to download the images in the new-powerpc disk images
and yaboot and put them in /, get to the open firmware and do a boot
hd:9,yaboot or something like that, having trouble remembering the exact
command now.

Has anyone done this and managed to get it to install.... any ideas or
suggestions???