Beige G3 won't boot

I have some problems booting my beige G3. It currently runs MacOS 9, which
fails to recognise the RealTek 8139 I've put into it (I can't use the
onboard NIC as my hub only understands 100 Mbit). So I tried booting off a
floppy, and failed miserably. Sometimes the boot process just ignores the
floppy, at other times it ejects it. Using OpenFirmware to boot the floppy
results in similar failures. Anyone any idea how to get a network-less G3
running?

Bertram
--
Bertram Bourdrez (bertram at debian dot mbit dot nl) -- ICQ# 32236129