Re: pmud on Pismo: no lid close sleep on 2.2.19

On 04/02/02, Brian D. Hicks (hick0142@tc.umn.edu) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:08:58AM +0000, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> > I've changed over from a Lombard to a Pismo, and found that it
> > unexpectedly shuts down when I close the lid using the stock woody
> > 2.2.19 kernel.
> >
> > I notice in pwrctl that it suggests that recent 2.4 kernels support
> > sleep on the Pismo properly. Does it?
>
> It works on mine, running 2.4.17-rc1-ben0

Thanks for the mail, Brian. Jens
<jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de> pointed me to the
kernel-image-2.4.14-powerpc-xfs package, and after deleting the
pwrctl-local file (that caused my machine to run out of memory!)
everything works fine. Brilliant!

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@campbell-lange.net>