Cirrus Logic on PowerStack

Hi all,

has anybody gotten any success with a Motorola Powerstack (PREP) machine and
the onboard Cirrus Logic vga chip (GD 5434).

I just compiled the most recent kernel I could get my hands on (2.4.18-pre7),
the boot messages say
--
clgen: Driver for Cirrus Logic based graphic boards, v1.9.9.1
 RAM (2048 kB) at 0xc0000000, Cirrus Logic chipset on PCI bus

but the screen is gabled (lots of vertical lines changing colours all the
time)...

Any hints anyone?

TIA

Frank