Re: MOL and kernel 2.4

Hi,

Derrik Pates writes:

> If you're using the debs already, it's sort of surprising someone
> hasn't included an init script to invoke 'startmol --loadonly'
> during boot, to avert just this kind of situation...

I have investigated the situation, and it appears that for recent
kernels (2.4.8 and beyond) one can simply put mol and sheep_net into
/etc/modules and voilà, they are loaded at startup and startmol will
happily run as any user.  There are a number of packages and even an
experimental installer providing such kernels, so I would prefer to
leave the module loading as it is.

Anyway, that issue is not urgent, because the emulator itself exits if
it is not running as root.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!