HD Upgrade for an iMac ??

Hello

I have in mind to upgrade the internal hard disk of my iMac (early 2001).
At the moment my iMac has a Maxtor 20GB (Product-ID 32049H2 DiamondMax
VL40). According to the performance specifications the rotation speed is
5400 rpm. Now I have the intention to buy a IBM Deskstar 60GB but this
drive has a rotation speed of 7200 rpm.

Could this higher rotation speed cause heat problems in my iMac without
an active cooling system?

Does somebody have expierence with this IBM hard disk in an iMac (noise,
heat, performance)?

Does it make sense to install such a "fast" hard disk with an ATA 2
(according to the system profiler)?

If you have some advice, please let me know!!

Thank's a lot

Roland
rowe_gnu@gmx.net

By the way: I wish you a happy new year