vlc 0.2.92-4

   Is anyone else seeing crashes in vlc 0.2.92-4 when you play a
dvd on ppc? The previous 0.2.92-1 through -3 source packages wouldn't
build on my ppc machine because of some changes for MacOS X which
introduced a vand altivec asm instruction our devtools doesn't
support. Locally I had regressed the altivec test back to the
old assembly and got the same sort of crash in vlc that I see
in 0.2.92-4. The maintainer only knows one developer who has
a ppc linux box and he hasn't heard back yet from him. It might
be helpful to get some more info on this bug to him if anyone
has a useful strace or gdb log. Thanks in advance.
                Jack