Re: telnetd timing out?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rog=E9rio?= Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> writes:
> 	Wouldn't adding "-n" to the telnetd in /etc/inetd.conf solve
> 	the problem? I vaguely recall doing that on a friend's network
> 	and it worked (but it was more than 2 years ago and I don't
> 	remember the details or the final solution).

I might try that but from the manual page it does not appear that it
would help - it just keeps it from sending keep-alives. These
computers are about twenty feet apart from one-another and are not
connected via a firewall. Keep-alives sound nice in case the other
computer crashes or something but I'll give it a try.

> 	One thing, though, is to make sure you've disabled Bash's
> 	autologout feature, if you're using that.

What's this?

> 	Hope this helps, Roger...

Thanks. Elizabeth