Re: Keyboard messed up with new kernel

yes it is a common problem and easy to fix.
i assume you are using woody.
read this:
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes

hope it helps
-jens

On Montag, Dezember 30, 2002, at 11:31  Uhr, Nathan S. wrote:

I have a feeling that this is a common problem, but I
haven't been able to find any explanations.

I just installed a new kernel (2.4.2 stable from the
bitkeeper tree on ppckernel.org).  I'm using BootX, so
I installed the kernel and the modules on the linux
partition and then installed the kernel on the hfs
partition for bootx.  It started up fine and
everything seemed normal until I was prompted to login
where I found that my keymap had been entirely screwed
up.  Like I said, I think this is a common problem,
but I don't know how to go about fixing it.

-nate