Re: Mysterious drive access and battery life

On  23 Dec, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> - put the pmud socket somewhere else than the default /etc/power/apm.
>>   This was being read all the time by asapm displaying bat status:
>
> Use battery status apps that read from /proc/apm, rather.

Ah, yes, but that works only now with kernel apm emulation (which hasn't
been around _that_ long...). Before, I had to rely on pmud's APM
emulation. And that is by default in /etc...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |