Re: remote session can't acess X

Hi Nirmal,

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 15:37, Nirmal Govind wrote:
> Hi.. I'm trying to login to a remote Sun machine and start off an
> application which would start the application's main window on my local
> machine.

Edit

/etc/ssh/ssh_config

By default, (if my memory serves me well) you will find a line

# ForwardX11 yes

commented out.  Uncomment this.  You might also need to uncomment the
line

# Host *

above this; not sure.  Make sure there is no line like

ForwardX11 no

in this file.  There is no need to use xhost.  The next time you ssh out
of your iBook, it should work for you (assuming local display is set
correctly -- if you do this as the user you are logged in as, it should
work fine).