Getting my Alt key back

I recently switched from WindowMaker to evilwm, and in the process, lost
the swapmeta functionality.  Is there anything I can do (including
hacking evilwm, if necessary) to make the command key my alt key again?

Portion of XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "alt:swapmeta"
EndSection

Portion of /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/alt:
// swap the alt and "windows" keys
partial modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "swapmeta" {
    key <LALT>  {  symbols[Group1] = [ Meta_L ] };
    key <LWIN>  {  symbols[Group1] = [ Alt_L ] };
    key <RALT>  {  symbols[Group1] = [ Meta_R ] };
    key <RWIN>  {  symbols[Group1] = [ Alt_R ] };
};

--
Brian